Tenant Eviction


Evicting a tenant can sometimes be a complicated process, and to do it legally, you will have to follow these steps carefully.

Give the Notice to Quit – Give your tenants a Section 21 notice if you want the property back after a fixed term-end. Or. And give them a Section 8 notice if they’ve broken the terms of the tenancy. After you give notice to the tenant, upon the expiry of the notice and they still don’t move out, then you will have to go to court and apply for a Possession Order.

Seek a Possession Order – You will need to apply to the court for a possession order. If the tenants still refuse to leave after taking the steps above. You have one final option: Applying to the court for a Warrant for Possession.

Apply for a Warrant for Possession – The bailiffs will enforce the warrant and evict the tenant from the property.

However, until 23 August 2020:

possession hearings are suspended

possession orders will not be enforced

Furthermore there are additional rules to follow once 23 August arrives.


Please feel free to contact us and arrange a free consultation, I can then see if I and the team are able to help.


David has an LL.B (Hons) degree in law. He was voted one of the UK’s most influential aspiring lawyers. He was also directly involved in the protection of workers’ rights as respected Union Rep for Usdaw, and he is the Non-Executive Legal Director for the Humber Taxi Association.

Eviction Questions

Landlord has mistakes on the section 21 notice?

Your section 21 notice might not be valid if your landlord has made mistakes on it, for example if they’ve spelt your name wrong or put the wrong date. Check your section 21 notice to make sure your name and address are correct. You should also check the name and contact details of your landlord or letting agent are correct.

5 + 12 =

Here when you need me.

We're a small business with a passion for helping people overcome difficult and stressful times in their life. If I or the team can’t help you we will be honest and always act with integrity. We're not here to judge, We're here to offer a helping hand when it comes to your legal matters. Offload that burden and let’s see if we can work together to resolve your issues.


error: Content is protected by copyrighted !!


How can David T. Wade & Co help you today?

Please give me a brief outline of your situation right here on WhatsApp.

× Chat on WhatsApp!